This Policy applies to data collected in connection with products and services offered by Precor, including Preva or from other interactions with us where a link or other reference of incorporation to this Policy is made, for example, in connection with our products and accessories, websites (also including mobile websites), applications and other types of services offered by Precor typically in electronic form.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Precor may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you create an Precor ID, register your products, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a class at an Precor Customer Location or online, or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, age, birthdate, gender and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Precor products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to join you on Precor forums, Precor may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- In the U.S., we may ask for your Social Security number (SSN) but only in limited circumstances such as when determining whether to extend commercial credit.
- When you use Preva to track workouts and fitness progress, Precor will ask you to share certain information about yourself:
- Account Information. While you can use the Precor device without creating an account, You will need a free Preva ID in order to sync your workout information with Preva or to sync the Precor device with your smartphone using the Preva mobile application. If you already have a Preva ID, you can log in with your existing credentials. If not, you need to create one. In order to do this, you need to provide Precor with an email address.
- Personal Profile Information. In order to help you track your fitness progress and allow you to take advantage of all of Preva functionality, Preva needs you to provide information about yourself which may include your email address, your Preva password, your Preva secret questions, your age, your weight, your gender, your favorite websites, your location, and your fitness goals.
- Workout Statistics. You can use Preva and Preva mobile application to record information generated during your workouts in order to keep track of your fitness activities. This information includes:
- Your geographic location;
- The locations of your current, past, and planned workouts;
- Your heart rate;
- Favorite workouts
- Cumulative totals
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you informed Precor’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- Personal information collected by Preva allows you to log in and create your user profile, track your workouts and your fitness progress, receive and accept competition challenges from other Preva users.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Precor, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Precor’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where a Precor product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Collection and Use of Location Information
Some products or services, including Preva’s mobile phone applications, require you to disclose certain location information. Location information includes, but is not limited to, any information we derive in order to identify your geographic position. This information may be collected from your wireless carrier, certain third party service providers, or directly from the Preva-enabled product or mobile device. The collection and tracking of your location information may occur even when the Preva-enabled product or Preva mobile phone application is not actively open and running. Your location information, however, is only displayed and shared in accordance with his or her established privacy settings.
We may combine the personal information and/or the location information that you submit under your Preva account with information from other Precor products or services or third parties in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and/or to improve the overall quality of the user experience. For certain services, we may give you an opportunity to opt out of the combination of such information.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Precor may use so called web beacons (or “pixel tags”) in connection with some websites. However, we do not use them to identify individual users personally. Web beacons are typically graphic images that are placed on a website and they are used to count visitors to a website and/or to access certain cookies. This information is used to improve our services. Web beacons do not typically collect any other information than what your browser provides us with as a standard part of any internet communication. If you turn off cookies, the web beacon will no longer be able to track your specific activity. The web beacon may, however, continue to collect information of visits from your IP-address, but such information will no longer be unique.
Precor has implemented and uses Display Advertising and Google Analytics remarketing. Third party vendors, including Google, show Precor ads acorss the internet. Precor and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to the Precor website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Precor may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Precor to provide products and services, or that help Precor market to customers. Generally, we do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
Consent. We may share your personal data if we have your consent to do so. When you use some services, your personal data will be shared with the third parties you designate for access to such information including other web sites, your friends, relatives, or the Preva user community. You may change your settings at any time as to who has access to personal data by going to your account settings and then changing your publishing options.
International Transfers. Our products and services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection. In such cases we take steps to ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
Mandatory Disclosures. We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend Precor’s legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
Mergers and Acquisitions. If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise our businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers.
Protection of Personal Information
Precor takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Preva online services use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. To make purchases from these services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
When you use some Preva products, services, or applications or post on a Preva forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
We make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Precor is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through the regional Privacy Contact Form.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Preva websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third-party Preva application. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Precor employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Precor Incorporated, 20031 142nd Ave NE, Woodinville, WA 98072-4002